Thursday 20 September 2018

DEAF DATE

After freshening up twice and applying 5 different deodorants I had borrowed, I used my tounge scrapper, just in case I got a kiss, tried ten different bow ties before selecting one, and came out.

Suddenly I remembered I had forgotten something; condoms. I dashed back and took 4 different ones, just in case em… nevermind.

Sarah came out of her hostel and I held her hands proudly, led her into the arranged cab and we zoomed off.

“Hi” she said. It was the first time I had heard her speak. Sarah was a new student with a smooth fair skin like an overripe pawpaw.

For four months I wasn’t bold enough to talk to her because of the queue of guys who admired her. So Celine my roommate had to help me.

As we entered the eatery, the security man ushered us to a free table even though it no reservation was made. Surely we looked like a high class couple.

The waiter brought the menu and I gave it to Sarah to make her choice. She grabbed it and stared for a while before pointing to an item.

“This one, is what I will eat starch. Fine boy shey you eat starch na or is you ajebutter bread?
I was dumbfounded. Was this her real English?
Oya oya do fast oh, me is hungrying here. She shouted.

Just then, the waiter brought her meal and she gently rolled the starch into ten smooth balls, smoother than I would roll my Santana and began taking them one after the other. She looked at me and said
“You will nor eat, or is you fasting? You is pastor? My boyfriend is pastor too o, we even haf hallnight today.

Oh No! I said, “You should be called JENIFA”.

No comments:

Post a Comment